Sunday, July 09, 2017

My Past Angelic Pretty Tea Party Outfits


Hi everyone!
Today I would like to talk about the outfits I wore to Angelic Pretty Tea Parties that took place in the past years. I’ve had the incredible luck to attend up to five, making this year’s parties in Paris and London my sixth and seventh. Angelic Pretty is my favourite brand and the Tea Parties are always great fun, so I would like to reflect on that. Also, has my style changed throughout the years? And would I still wear these outfits today?

2012
The first ever Angelic Pretty Tea Party I attended was at the luxurious Ritz Hotel, not long before it closed for two years for renovations. I was, naturally, over the moon and wanted to wear Star Night Theater, my very first Dream Dress, which also happened to be my very first Angelic Pretty dress. I combined it with red and white accessories, striped socks, pink shoes and a tiara with roses adorning my head. I kept my hair very simple otherwise.
I remember how happy I was wearing this outfit and you can see it on the pictures of me taken throughout that day. Looking back on this outfit, I actually still really like it! It’s well-balanced with a fixed colour scheme and it overall looks really fun! Maybe it didn’t really fit the elegant aesthetics of the location, but the fact it was my favourite dress totally makes up for it. Good memories. ♥

2013
This outfit is such a change compared to the previous year! I really wanted to wear Lady Rose, which is such a stunning dress. It fit the beautiful style of the Meurice Hotel perfectly. I stuck to a colour scheme of pink, white and mint and used lots of flowers.
I really like how I combined elegant elements with my personal sweet style. I wore pretty lacy wristcuffs and pearls, but combined them with cute bangles. I also like how I put in small details, like the added pink bows on my blouse’s sleeves. If I ever decide to redo this outfit, there are definitely some elements I would change though. Up until this day I don’t really like my hairdo. It looks nice in this picture, but it’s not really my style. I think I’d go with an elegant updo. I also remember I added one single lavender element to my hair decorations (which isn’t visible in this picture) which was really out of place. Other than that, this outfit has such a beautiful colour scheme! I’d love to make an outfit with this dress again sometime.

2014
For my third Tea Party at the Bristol Hotel, I decided to go OTT Sweet. Whip Showcase is a very underrated dress in my opinion, it’s so lovely and light! I piled tons of accessories onto my head and wrists. As long as it fit the colours of the dress, anything was acceptable. I can’t believe I got dressed into this outfit in a public toilet. It was horrifying! XD
I can’t really decide whether this outfit is still my style or not. Sometimes I feel like doing an outfit like this again, once in a while. I love all the colours I used and it’s just such a happy outfit! I do remember I didn’t like my hair that day. I had worn braids all night and usually this gives quite a nice effect, but in this case I felt more like a poodle.

2015
I am so happy I got to wear one of my Ultimate Dream Dresses, Milky Berry, to an Angelic Pretty Tea Party. It’s not really a dress you might consider Tea Party material, since it’s cute and country and not really princess-like (which is of course not a requirement, but I’m sure you get my drift). I tried to go the opposite way and create an elegant, flowery look by crafting a flower crown with strawberries in between, a flower sceptre and wear a long veil as a transparent cape. This outfit was so stressful to create. I had postponed my crafting and was gluing hours before I had to leave. My parents were quite mad at me. x) The result however gave me so much joy! I felt so happy wearing items I had made myself! I was afraid the flower crown would be too big, but in the end it looked quite nice.
It was so hot that day, you can see it on my face. I was nearly dying, I can’t stand heat! I still really love this outfit despite everything, but I wish I could have worn those exact shoes in red. Oh well. I did end up on the Angelic Pretty website and in the Gothic & Lolita Bible with this outfit, so good memories!

2016
And here we have the outfit I wore to my fifth Tea Party at the Westin-Vendôme. Apparently I really blew people away with this outfit, but no one liked it more than me! I had bought and kept this cape especially for this Tea Party, for this outfit. Crystal Dream Carnival is one of my favourite dresses of my collection and I combined it with lots of gold accessories, including a Voodooodolly crown combined with a hand made crystal halo.
Honestly my favourite outfit I ever wore to a Tea Party. I wonder if I’ll ever be able to outdo this one. I loved wearing it, I felt like a queen! Someone suggested I wear a princess sleeve blouse with this outfit, but honestly: I wouldn’t change anything.


So these were the outfits I wore for the past years! For the upcoming Tea Party I really need to start getting an outfit together, but definitely don’t expect anything comparable to last year, haha!

Do you like the outfits I wore? Are there any Tea Party or event outfits you’re particularly proud of?

Thank you for reading! ~☆~

11 comments:

  1. Wow, 5 Angelic Pretty tea parties, that's amazing! I still haven't been to one (I am going to DMC, but since that's not exclusively an AP-sponsored tea party, it counts slightly differently to me) and I really wanted to go to this year's one, but I need a lot more notice to get good deals for travel and time off work. :( Maybe next year... *fingers crossed*

    Honestly, I think all the looks are very you, but the last two are my personal favourites, probably because they're closest to my personal style. But also, the attention to detail in those last two has really gone from there to "every time you look you notice something new". I haven't been to that many events yet, but so far I'm really proud of every coord that I've done, ILD this year, winter ILD last year and the two Wicked and Whimsy outfits last year. I've worked very hard on them to make sure that every detail was in its place and it was, I wouldn't change a thing about them.

    I look forward to seeing what you wore this year! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh so I will be able to meet you at DMC!? That's amazing! ♥

      Thank you so much for commenting and I'm glad you like the outfits. :3
      Not wanting to change a thing about your outfits is the best result you can have! ♥

      Delete
    2. I know, it's so exciting! There are so many European bloggers I follow coming, it's going to be a bit like Christmas! <3

      Delete
  2. Wow! You are lucky to attend so many tea parties!! Your etfits all look great ^^ The cape is an interesting and unique addition to your coordinate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like them! ♥
      Ah yes I love that cape! It's honestly super useless in daily life, so I'm glad I got to use it for something!

      Delete
  3. I love all of these but my favourites are from 2015 and 2016!! 😘😘♥️♥️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I think my favourites have got to be either the 2014 or 2016 outfits. Can't wait to see what you wear for the upcoming tea party, and I'm sure it will be brilliant.

    Lizzie Bee // hello lizzie bee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you like my 2014 outfit! ♥
      Ah my outfit this year was really not very interesting, you'll be able to spot it here on my blog soon haha. x)

      Delete
  5. I love the range of outfits you've worn over the years! I think 2013 and 2016 are my favourites ^__^

    ReplyDelete