Thursday, July 20, 2017

Lolita Meeting at Ladurée


Sooo we’re finally a bit back on track with this continuation post about my birthday weekend in Paris! On Sunday December 11th, Marina and I were going to meet up with some of our Parisian friends at Ladurée. I was so happy people wanted to come and was really looking forward to drinking tea, eating pastries and just chat.
I decided to wear a new dress to this meeting and so I went with my beautiful mint Shadow Dream Carnival one piece that I had bought about six months earlier in Paris. I went with a fairly simple outfit: a white lace bolero, white tights, gold shoes and gold accessories. I quite liked the outcome!
Marina and I got ready after a relaxed morning (especially compared to the previous day, haha) and left perfectly on time for Ladurée Bonaparte, where we would meet up with our friends.
Ladurée always has such a specific green colour, it’s very nice.

Soon everyone had already gathered and we took some pictures outside (thank you Tro-Tro for the amazing pictures). Here is my outfit, I hope you like it:
● Mint Dream ●
My outfit rundown:
Headbow: Angelic Pretty’s Shadow Dream Carnival
Bolero: offbrand
JSK: Angelic Pretty’s Shadow Dream Carnival
Tights: offbrand
Shoes: Bodyline
Hairbows: Claire’s
Necklaces: RoseMarie Seoir and Chocomint
Pin: Angelic Pretty
Bracelets: Primark and offbrand
Ring: 6% Dokidoki
And my friends all looked so pretty! ♥ I was so happy they all came together to meet for my birthday. ;___;
Lovely Marina, who wore the blouse I gave her for her birthday! I was so happy! ♥
Picture by Tro-Tro.

Marie, stunning as ever! ♥
Picture by Tro-Tro.

Camélia, wearing what is probably my favourite outfit of hers ever! ♥
Picture by Tro-Tro.

Classy and lovely Chloé! ♥
Picture by Tro-Tro.

Sandra stunning in cream! ♥
Picture by Tro-Tro.

And our beautiful mermaid Tro-Tro herself! ♥
Picture from Tro-Tro.

After we took pictures we went inside. This particular Ladurée is well-known for its beautiful blue-coloured room upstairs, but when we asked about it, it was apparently closed for some reason? It was quite disappointing, but not as much as having to wait for the only three tables available to become free, since a bunch of ladies were having tea there. Oh well, I had my friends to chat with so the wait didn’t feel very long. ^^
The shop window looked very nice for Christmas!

Finally we could get seated inside. We all browsed the menu for a while and I quickly made up my mind about what I wanted: I went all out with tea and two pastries! It was my birthday after all. ^^
The menus had different colours!

Unfortunately, the specific pastry I wanted wasn’t on the menu, so I went with my all-time favourite, the Ispahan, and a Religieuse. I don’t remember which specific tea I chose, but I think it was the Marie-Antoinette tea.
Most of the girls chose hot chocolate as a drink and it looked and smelled delicious, but also very heavy, so I was glad I went with tea.
From left to right: the Ispahan, my adorable tea cup and the Religieuse.

Everyone’s pastries looked really tasty and as expected; my Ispahan was divine! The Religieuse however… not so much. It was very bland in my opinion, not really what I expected or was hoping for. My tea on the other hand was amazing luckily. ♥
Pastries and drinks everywhere~!
Picture by Marina.

Then it was time for presents! My friends all got me some amazing/wonderful/thoughtful gifts, I was so touched! If you want to see some of them, please check out the video I made below! Thank you so much everyone! ;___;
After some more chatting, the time to say goodbye approached. We paid and left Ladurée, after which we walked to the metro as a group and then said goodbye. In a couple of hours I had to catch my train home, so Marina and I headed back to her apartment. But we took a small detour to Angelic Pretty, to take some last pictures there and say hi to Mila, who was preparing for the party a little later that evening. The light was a bit difficult to work with, but our pictures turned out quite nicely I think!
Marina needs to stop taking nice pictures of me because WHO EVEN IS THIS PERSON!?
(Translation: I really like these pictures, thank you so much dear! ♥)
Pictures by Marina.

Marina looking like the perfect, dreamy AP shopgirl. ♥
Pictures from Marina, made by me.

We also took some polaroid pictures. ^^
We said goodbye to the AP staff and headed to Marina’s apartment, where I got redressed and gathered my things. I said goodbye to Kuma the cat and we headed for restaurant Yummy, where I bought some take-away dinner. Then we went to Gare du Nord, where I went to stand in line for the safety checks. I chatted with Marina until we really had to say goodbye. I was quite sad. ;___;
I went through the checks safely and headed for my coupé. I ended up having a solo seat instead of sitting next to someone. At first I thought I’d made a mistake, that it maybe was first class? But it turned out to be correct!
My solo seat, lucky me!

The train started moving, I ate my dinner and after a long train ride I arrived in Rotterdam. My parents were kind enough to pick me up and together we went home.
I know it’s already been several months since my birthday weekend took place, but it was so magical. I will never forget it! Thank you, Marina, for making my birthday such a special one. I am still so glad I got to spend it with you! ♥
Our polaroid. ♥

Haaa even writing about this day so many months after gives me joy. It was such a good day! I also made a (short) video of it. Please check it out if you have time. ^^


Thank you for reading! ~☆~

2 comments:

  1. Aw so glad you enjoyed your special day! And you look adorable <3 Happy very belated birthday!
    ~Kieli♥
    rainbowstarcandyshine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete