Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Kawaii Weekend, Day 2 – Kawaii Event Tea Party


Get ready for the blog post of my life! *_* I worked really hard on it! I hope you will enjoy it!

On Saturday morning we woke up very much on time. We were very excited, because it was the day of the Kawaii Event! We were going to meet Misako and Rinrin! We went downstairs to have breakfast, but we had to wait for a while since things weren’t ready yet. Finally we could eat and then we went upstairs again to get ready!
We did our hair (Emilie curled the ends of my twin tails ♥), make up and put our outfits on. We were perfectly on time, so we could take some pictures in my garden! First we took some outfits of each other. I took some pictures of Emilie in her wonderful Dream Sky outfit, that she had coordinated with white, blue and pearls.
Emilie’s beautiful Kawaii Event outfit!

Then Emilie took pictures of me in my red and mint Milky Berry outfit, that I had coordinated with red, white and pink.
Me in my Kawaii Event outfit!

While Emilie took pictures of me, my dog Twinkle walked into the garden to photobomb me, haha! Then my mom offered to take some pictures of us together. ^^
Can you handle the Kawaii? *^^* Just joking! ;)

My garden looked amazing as a background for pictures. We took quite a lot!
Then it was time for us to go. We checked our things one last time and then we got into the car. My mom drove us to the station and wished us a lot of fun. We bought a ticket for Emilie and went up the stairs, where we waited for the train that would arrive at 11:59 am. While we were putting down our things, a woman asked us why we were dressed like that, so I explained to her about Lolita fashion. She and another woman thought we looked very pretty. ^^ We took some ‘Momoko-inspired’ pictures (like in Kamikaze Girls) of us waiting for the train as well.
Waiting for the train! I had brought my pink star bag along for the day. ^^
And another bag you can’t see, haha!

Then the train arrived and we sat down.
We talked, took pictures and filmed a little. We also practiced the Misako dance again a little (while sitting down). We were both very excited and couldn’t wait to arrive!
Two of my favourite pictures of this day: Emilie and I in the train.

Finally we arrived at Utrecht Central Station and left the train. Emilie told me she felt weird for not knowing the way at all, while I felt pretty cool for leading the way! XD After we went up the escalator and walked into the station, I quickly saw the big sign where the group would meet. Some Lolitas were already waiting. Despite being a Dutch Lolita, I don’t know the Dutch community that well, so I met a lot of new people on this day! But I loved introducing Emilie to the girls I did know and we all immediately switched to speaking English. We were soon joined by many girls and I introduced Emilie where I could. I was quite proud of my community: everyone looked amazing and everyone was so welcoming! ^^ We were also joined by quite some German Lolitas, including the girls I had met the week before at the Angelic Pretty shop! ^^
We waited for quite a long time until we could leave. A strange guy with a vuvuzela started bothering us as a group, but he wasn’t aggressive and after a while he left us alone (thank God). Lots of people walking through the station asked us about our style and many people loved it. One guy asked me if we were ‘dressed as anime’, so I could explain to him this was not the case. XD
Finally it was time to go and we followed our leader (well, the person who knew where to go)! After a little misunderstanding about a girl we accidentally left behind, we left the station in a long, colourful row. Suddenly, an adorable girl in a blue outfit came up to walk next to me and asked if I had a blog. She knew about Lolita Wonderland! I blushed, I was so happy! *^^* We talked for a while and she told me her name was Agata and that she is Russian, but lives in Switzerland. Emilie was all happy!
We went down an escalator and entered the city.
Lolitas on the move!

Utrecht looked at its finest: the sun shone and the streets were decorated with flags. It was as if the city celebrated the Kawaii Event with us! After some more walking, we arrived at the Tea Party venue: Grand Hotel Karel V, a hotel with a fancy restaurant (with a Michelin star) and beautiful ball rooms! We walked through the hall and waited around the corner of a big, light room filled with round tables until we were allowed inside.
Girls waiting to enter the room.

One by one we were invited inside to the table where Leyla from MFashion, the organisor of the event, was standing. There you had to show your ticket, fill in a form for Kawaii International, choose a heart to write your name on (red, pink or green), get a stamp for the evening event and, if you participated in the outfit contest, have your picture taken with an instant camera.
Anne and Renske writing down their names!

I chose a red heart (to match my outfit a little. The red was not exactly the colour of my dress, but well) and had the stamp placed on my arm instead of on my hand. I was very glad I did that, since the stamps took a long time to dry. Then I had my picture taken by Danchelle with her instant camera. I waited for Emilie, who was right after me, and together we chose a table a little in the middle of the room. Agata joined us and I introduced Emilie to Katie from Fly Away Fashion. I also met Dido and Eveline for the first time! ^^
Emilie and I walked up to the big fire place to take some pictures and Cat, Deborah and Agata joined us. I loved taking pictures with Agata! Even though we had met each other less than an hour ago, it felt like we were good friends already! ♥
Together with sweet Agata in her beautiful blue outfit!

From the fire place I could look all around the room, which gave me a great opportunity to examine everyone’s outfits. It was clear every girl in the room had done her very best to look stunning! Every outfit looked so fantastic!
Marina and Miriam taking pictures! They both looked amazing!

The photographer of M.E. Fotografie circled around the room and snapped pictures, as well as the camera crew of Kawaii International! One of the camera men asked Emilie why she was taking pictures and she answered that everyone looked so beautiful! We sat down at our table and were joined by Tamara as well, who wore her new, handmade bonnet that fit her red dress amazingly well! Slowly the room filled with people.
Our table! You can also see a bit of the rest of the room.

Finally, everyone was inside and we were welcomed by Leyla. She told us that the people with special food needs (vegetarians and people with allergies), were invited into the Tea Party room first, then the other people. Emilie was all surprised the room we were in wasn’t the Tea Party room already, haha! After waiting for maybe a minute, the rest of the people were also invited inside. We entered a beautiful room with chandeliers, white tables, a buffet and a big slide screen. On the tables were some post cards of Misako and Rinrin.
This picture was taken by the photographer before everyone entered the room.
Here’s to give you an impression of the entourage. ^^

When we entered, the hotel staff offered us a drink in a fancy glass. Emilie and I chose the table in the far right corner, closest to the slide screen. We were soon joined by Katie, Anne, Dido and Eveline. We had a very nice table. ^^
Our lovely table, filled with cups, coffee, tea and post cards!

As soon as everybody was seated, Leyla welcomed us officially and introduced us to the Japanese staff: the camera men, the translator and Salla, a blonde woman who organized everything as well. Leyla also told us the schedule for the afternoon: there would be food, a Lolita bingo and of course meeting Misako and Rinrin! ^^ She explained to us how the Lolita bingo worked: instead of numbers, you had to write people’s names on the forms. Everyone could walk around and write people’s names on their form until it was filled up. In this way you could also meet new people! ^^ Then we were invited to have food and enjoy ourselves! While everyone went to get food in turns, Emilie and I walked around to collect names. There weren’t enough pens for our whole table though, so soon I returned to our table to get names later. Then it was our table’s turn to get food and Emilie and I walked up to the buffet.
I can tell you: the food was amazing! There were little chocolates, scones with clotted cream and tiny jars of jam, sandwiches, madeleines and more! And everything tasted so great! *_*
Some pictures of the food and drinks we got!

We went back to our table with a full plate and as soon as all the girls were seated again, we toasted. ^^ I loved how every girl in the room jumped at the chance to take pictures of her food, haha!
The food was too amazing not to be photographed!

In the meantime, the camera people of Kawaii International walked around to film and interview people. It was really interesting to take a look behind the camera while they were filming. ^^
We tried some of our delicious food when suddenly, Misako and Rinrin were announced! That was quite unexpected, haha!
The doors opened and the two girls entered. It was amazing seeing two people I had seen so often on pictures suddenly walking into the same room that I was in! Misako looked absolutely stunning in her pink Baby, the Stars Shine Bright dress, bunny ears and amazing flower crown! People often say she is photo shopped a lot in her pictures, but Misako is truly as beautiful in real life as she is on her pictures! Rinrin looked gorgeous in Angelic Pretty’s Eternal Rose Bouquet in pink with matching bonnet and head bow and lace gloves! She looked even prettier in real life than on her pictures! Everyone was silent (and overwhelmed) while both girls got seated.
Misako and Rinrin! They both looked amazing and matched as well.

Leyla handed them a microphone and Misako and Rinrin told us they were happy to be there with us. It was amazing to hear their voices in real life (sorry I go on and on like this, I was just very happy at that moment)! Rinrin is actually from America, so she spoke English, which was very convenient for us (she also said something in Dutch, although it sounded quite German, hihi! ♥)! Leyla then invited them to show us some pictures of their rooms and pictures of their favourite places in Tokyo. Pictures were shown on the slide screen and we enjoyed both the girls’ stories while we ate a little.
Rinrin was happy to tell us about her favourite places!
She and Misako also wore a name tag heart. :3

Rinrin’s room is small, very cute and she shares it with a friend. One of her favourite places is Yoyogi park, near Harajuku. She also showed us pictures of a wonderful candy shop that makes traditional Japanese candy! I’d love to go there one day!
Rinrin clearly had everyone’s full attention!

Then it was Misako’s turn. Her room is in one word: adorable. There are many posters and boxes and everything looks cute! She showed us pictures of one of her favourite cafes. ^^
Misako talked and then the guy behind her translated. ^^

After the slide show, Misako and Rinrin sat down again and Leyla told us the girls had a little surprise for us! They had brought Japanese delicacies for everyone! Every table received a box with some animal-shaped (and a mushroom) candies. We easily divided our candies: Emilie got the penguin, I got the bee (well, I think it was a bee. It could also have been a yellow ladybug. Or the head of a giraffe? XD). There was also a crab, a turtle and two whales. Everyone jumped on them to take pictures of course, including Misako and Rinrin!
Kathleen, me, Miriam and Dido with our candies. ^^

The candies were soft and squishy, but I really loved the taste! I was happy I got the chance to try it. ^^ We went to get some more sandwiches of the buffet and Misako and Rinrin got the chance to eat some food of the buffet themselves too.
After a while, it was time for Misako and Rinrin to visit all of the tables separately. Misako started at the other side of the room, while Rinrin started with us! Someone put in an extra chair for her and she sat in between Emilie and me. Rinrin was incredibly kind and very happy to be here with us, that much was clear! We talked, she gave us many compliments and we asked her questions. In the meantime I couldn’t help but examine her outfit: she looked so gorgeous! Her lace gloves were amazing and her makeup was flawless! She wore a beautiful chandelier necklace as well.
Rinrin and Emilie! ♥

Emilie gave Rinrin her present: Swiss chocolates in a heart-shaped box. Rinrin was so happy with them and was happy to pose! ^^
Rinrin with her chocolates! Look at her beautiful gloves! *_*

Unfortunately time went faster than planned, because Salla came up to us to tell us Rinrin needed to go to the next table. We did take a lovely group picture with her though!
Our group with Rinrin~! ♥ ^^

After the picture, I could quickly give Rinrin my present as well. She was so happy! She hugged me! ♥
While Misako and Rinrin visited the other tables, Emilie and I walked around to gather some more names for our bingo card. I met a lot of nice people and I took a lot of pictures as well. In the meantime the camera crew was filming everything that happened and girls got interviewed as well. It was really cool to see it all ‘behind the scenes’! Misako and Rinrin went from table to table. I loved standing and watching them interact with people from a distance.
Rinrin and Misako talking and taking pictures with everyone. ^^

Everyone who wasn’t in the middle of some private Misako- or Rinrin time was walking around, taking pictures and talking to others. Emilie and I took some cool hands and feet pictures with Cat, Katie, Dido, Eveline and Anne. ^^
I really like how these pictures came out! ^^

Misako and Rinrin were both very happy to pose with everyone and of course every girl wanted a picture! ^^
Rinrin posing with Marina, Jannike, Eline, Jantine and Cunera!

Finally it was time for Misako to visit our table, so Emilie and I went to sit on our chairs. Misako took place in between us and the translator stood behind her. It was great to have him: it made talking to Misako much easier!
We talked a little and asked Misako to take a group picture with us (we didn’t want to run out of time again). The picture came out so wonderfully! ♥
I really, really like this picture! It’s so lovely!

We sat down again and talked to Misako. Emilie and I both gave our presents as well. Emilie gave her chocolates, this time wrapped in a red heart, first and then I gave my candies. Misako was so happy! *^^* I had seen someone else had given her stroopwafels, as I expected, so I was glad I had choses the cute candies!
Misako with my candy! The pink ones matched her dress! ♥ ^^

We talked some more and asked Misako to sign our post cards. I think she was surprised (in a positive way) Emilie and I had brought our own. ^^
Misako singing our post cards (she has such a cute autograph)!

While we were talking with Misako, I couldn’t help but just look at her. Ever since I started Lolita, Misako has been there. I have seen hundreds of pictures of her and many videos and now she was just sitting next to me! It was amazing to hear her speak, watch her movements and look at her beautiful outfit (that was even prettier up close). It was a very special moment for me!
We also took some separate pictures with Misako. We made sure we used our time with her well! ;) It was so cute: Misako offered her little pinky finger to hold to every girl that took a picture with her. ^^ ♥
Emilie and I with Misako! ♥

After Misako left our table, it was time for the Lolita bingo! Everyone returned to their seats and got out their bingo cards.
The bingo prizes~!

Misako and Rinrin would take a piece of paper out of a bag in turns and then Leyla would read out the name that was written on it. You had to cross off the name if you had written it down and if you had three in a row (vertically, horizontally or diagonally) you had a bingo!
Rinrin in the middle of drawing a name card.

The bingo started and it went pretty well for me at first, but despite the fact I came to a point that I could have a bingo any way, I didn’t win anything! Neither did Emilie, but then again, we didn’t deserve it anyway after Paris, in my opinion. XD It was great to see other people win though! Misako and Rinrin were so enthusiastic as well. They were clapping for every girl. ^^
Some of the lucky winners!

After the first prizes, girls started to have bingos at the same time, which resulted into them having to compete in a rock, paper, scissors game to determine who won which prize. At the end, there were two prizes left and three girls with bingo. The third girl got an (emergency) jar of cute candies from the store Rinrin had told us about though. ^^
After the bingo there was another picture opportunity, this time with both Rinrin and Misako! Emilie and I also took instant pictures with them. ^^
With Misako and Rinrin~! ♥

After we had taken our pictures, Emilie and I walked to the back of the room and talked a little with Dido and Josine. They both looked absolutely amazing: Dido looked like a forest princess and Josine like Snow White!
When everyone had their pictures taken (Emilie and I are in a lot of pictures in the back, oops!), we sat down again and we were all thanked for coming. The evening event was announced a second time (there was a bit of confusion about the starting time) and then the Tea Party was over! We all got up for a big group picture close to the exit. It’s amazing we all fit in it!
Our wonderful, versatile group!

Everyone slowly proceeded to the exit, where Misako and Rinrin were waiting to say goodbye to everyone. Emilie and I were some of the last people to leave. While we were waiting in line, Emilie got interviewed briefly again about whether she liked the Tea Party. The answer was yes of course! =D
We reached Misako and Rinrin and they thanked us for coming. Rinrin took my hands and asked us whether we’d be at the evening event as well and she was very happy to hear we’d come! She was just so sweet! ♥ Misako thanked us as well and then we entered the hall. Around the corner, a lot of girls were getting their things together and forming groups to get some food. Emilie and I quickly decided not to have dinner (we were pretty full from the buffet), but get some Bubble Tea! Agata and Eveline joined us as well, so nice. ^^
Suddenly, Emilie got interviewed a third time: she got asked why she likes Lolita and what her parents think about it. ^^ Then, the camera turned to me! The female translator asked me if I had made any friend at the event, so I told her I was there with my foreign friend and that I had met Agata and Eveline that day! I was so happy to be interviewed! =D
Emilie, Eveline, Agata and I left the building and went on our way to spend some time together until the evening event, but I will keep that for the next post! Stay tuned~! ♥

Pictures are either taken by Emilie, by me or by M. E. Fotografie.
You can find him on Facebook or his website.


22 comments:

  1. Its so fun too read this ^-^ it takes me back too a wonderful day *happy*. It really was a great day with so much cute stuff! And i so happy i got too spend it with you(a for me famous lolita) ^-^ and off course with Emilie and Agata <3
    And now i finely got a famous shoe picture! hahha

    Looking forward too the next post!

    bye bye
    Eveline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much darling!!! I am so happy you like it! I loved spending time with you and getting to know you!
      Oh dear, you flatter me too much! I am not famous! *^^*

      SHOE PICTURES ARE AWESOOOMMMEEEE!!! <3

      I am working on it as we speak! I will work hard~!

      XXX

      Delete
  2. It was so nice to read it!
    And it's so clear how excited you were to be with those two lolita models!

    I wish i had the opportunity to come here too!

    ps: i really liked your outfit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Hihi, I was! My smile was so big that day!

      Maybe some day! =D

      Oh, thank you so much! <3

      Delete
  3. Your entry is so detailed, thank you so much for writing it (even if I was there myself it is a great memory ^-^)
    I hope we will meet again someday ~ mayve in Paris or Utrecht sometime~ it was really wonderful to meet you!

    Kind regards,
    Miriam~ <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hihi, I am a detail freak! I want to remember everything. ^^'
      I hope so too! I know we didn't talk much, but I really like you!

      XXX

      Delete
  4. You and Emilie look amazing!
    I especially love your flower necklace! It matches your outfit really well!♥

    Your entry was nice to read, very detailled! Just like I was there too! (But I wasn't.:( Maybe next year? Haha)

    Greetings, Moon~♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh thank you! ;_;
      Whah thank you! It's from Claire's! You don't really see it, but the print actually has some tiny daisies on it as well! =D

      Haha, thank you~! If there is one next year, WE HAVE TO GOOO! <3


      XXX

      Delete
  5. aww you are adorable and that tea party looks amazing, leyla did a fantastic job. I was sad i couldn't go but the timing was terrible. Maybe next time i'll be free and get invited again.

    A big hug,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Joana! ;_; It was fantastic! If there is one next year it would be amazing if you could come!

      Lots of love, xxx

      Delete
  6. You and Emilie looked beautiful! Your outfit is so well-matched, I really like the blue x white x red theme.

    Thank you for the detailed blog post. Now I will never forget that amazing day. It was great to meet RinRin and Misako, it's also very surreal at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, so did you!!! <3

      Haha, my pleasure? XD I am such a detail freak, haha!
      I know right? It's like it only happened in a dream we all shared!

      Delete
  7. yaaaaaaaaaaay, so many cute photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello!
    I saw your blog yesterday for the first time ☆
    I think it's very nice and interesting so I started following you ♪(^▽^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!
      Oh thank you so much! I hope you will continue to enjoy my posts! ^^

      Delete
  9. Awww so lucky! Glad to hear you girls had a wonderful time! And gorgeous photos and coords! <3
    Kieli~♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey!! These tea party dresses are so adorable. You all look lovely in this. I also arranged a tea party at LA venue for all my friends. We had a dress code there that was looking really best. We enjoyed few games also. Overall it was a great day.

    ReplyDelete