Monday, May 30, 2011

A Few of My Favourite Things: Clouds

Now that my exams are over I feel completely empty. It’s like I’ve fallen into a hole, a deep, empty hole. I really don’t know what to do anymore. There is no schoolwork to do, nothing to study, nothing to finish. I’m simply done. I wake up in the morning and I can ask myself: ‘What will I do today?’

I haven’t had this amazing feeling in ages. Even during the summervacation of 2010 I had schoolwork to do. Not a lot, but I still had to do it. I haven’t had the feeling I was free for years and now I’m as free as a bird. I feel calm and relaxed, but at the same time there’s the undying feeling that there’s work lying somewhere to be done. But I think I’m getting used to the peace and calmness slowly… ^^

That’s why I chose clouds as this month’s Favourite Thing. In movies, people lie down in the grass and look at the clouds, searching for shapes, like animals. To me, lying down in the grass and staring at the clouds is the ultimate relaxation and I haven’t done it in ages. But I’ve put it on my ‘Want to do-list’ for this summervacation! Yes, I really do have such a list. ^^

2 comments:

  1. Oo! Aad dozing in a hammock to your list - it is soo relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, that is a great idea too! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete