Friday, July 23, 2010

Rockin' Paris - Day 3 and 4

Day 3
That morning, I woke up a bit later, thank goodness. I took a shower, got dressed and we went downstairs for breakfast. After that, we got our things and went to the hill Montmartre.
We had to climb quite some stairs, but eventually we managed to reach the top, where the white church Sacré Coeur stands.
Sacré Coeur means sacred heart. The church was supposed to be white,
but we only got the urge to start cleaning it.

Because of Quatorze Juilliet (July 14th, a National Holiday in France. They celebrate the storming of the Bastille prison and the start of the French Revolution) there were military planes flying around for show, leaving smoke in the colours of the French flag in the air. We had a great view, since Montmartre is the highest place in Paris (except for the Eiffeltower of course).
At the foot of church, there was a little square with a shop and a carrousel. And I happen to love carrousels!
This carrousel had two floors!
If you know the movie 'Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain,
you might know this place. And this carrousel too!
It even played the music of the movie! ^^
And if you don’t know the movie: watch it!

I had brought an umbrella with me, again, but this time it was not only for pictures. After we had visited Place du Tertre, a famous square at Montmartre with painters, it started to rain. And it didn’t stop!
Unfortunately, we had to walk downhill, through the rain. We were soaking wet! The rest of the afternoon it kept on raining, which forced us to take a rest. It was actually quite a good thing after all.
That night, the weather cleared and we went to the Champs-Elysées. Even though it’s supposed to be one of the most famous and most expensive streets in the world, it has two McDonald’s, where we had a nice, junkfood meal (sounds awesome, doesn’t it? I ate fries on the Champs-Elysées ;)).
There was also a McCafé, where they had Macarons! I wanted to try them so badly, so my mom bought a package for us (but mostly for me).
I always get the impression that Lolitas must at least eat macarons
one time to try them, so I did! I absolutely loved the three one the left:
pistache, lemon and strawberry.
The right ones were less delicious, but still very nice!

We also went to the Disney Store, where I bought a Tinkerbell notebook and pen.

There were soldiers walking around, because of Quatorze Juilliet. My mom took a picture of me with them.
After that, we went back to the hotel and watched the fireworks on tv. We decided that we wanted to go up the Eiffeltower the next day.

Day 4
We woke up early that morning, to avoid the crowd and the lines underneath the Eiffeltower (where you had to wait for three and a half hours to get to the ticketwindow alone). When we arrived, there were already lines, and it was 9:15 am! But we were so cheerful that it didn’t matter. And we only had to wait for about 45 minutes or so.
The elevator took us to level 2, which was much higher than I had expected. I am not really afraid of heights, or so I thought, because I thought it was quite scary. We had a beautiful view! The weather was cloudy, but clear. The city seemed to have only white and yellow colours.
After walking around, we headed for the top.
I must say that, even though the top was much higher, it wasn’t that scary anymore. The shock from the second floor was much bigger!
A picture taken by a friendly man with my camera.
I think this picture is so sweet!

After that, we went downstairs again. We ate crêpes (I took chocolate, mom took sugar) and headed to the hotel. We were so tired!
I even slept that afternoon (something I don’t do very often) for hours! My mom had to wake me up for dinner!

We had dinner in the same Italian restaurant from earlier that week, where we shared a meal of three delicious pastas. After that, we went back to our room, where we read for a while and after that went to sleep. We decided that we’d go to Versailles the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment